Google drive is popularly known to be the best and a safe place to back up and access all your files from any device. Many Individuals has adopt the use of google drive in backing up the necessary files that they can’t afford to loose.
In other to prevent people from loosing some of their files as a result of the new development, so Google send notification to everyone before the changes will be effective.
You Can Also Read:
Hey!!! Let me show you how I am able to earn N40,000 in just 6hrs without investment. WITH this offer, you will get N2,000 registration bonus and a whooping sum of N4,000 for every successful referral. Get In HERE
Google send a notification to everyone some days ago to let everyone know that Google drive is making changes to it’s trash, so as to makes it consistent with the rest of the Google application with regards to automatic deletion.
This implies that any files that is put into the good drive trash will be deleted Automatically, after 30days of it being in the trash.
Google urge every users to note that starting from the 13th of October, 2020, any files already in a user’s trash will only remain there for 30days. After the 30days period, the file will be automatically deleted.
What Does This Means?
This means that any of your file that has been in the Google drive trash for more than 30days will be automatically deleted forever, regardless of weather you have acknowledge any in-app messaging or not.
Google added that it will start showing in-app messaging in the drive, starting from September 15, 2020 and in it’s editor’s product (such as Google docs and Google forms) starting from September 29, 2020.
Things To Take Note:
• Files in shared drive trash are already automatically deleted after 30days.
• These changes will affect items that are trashed from any device and any platforms.
• there is no impact to back up and sync behavior.
What Can I Do?
• All you need to do is to always make sure that you restore files from trash before the 30days time frame.
• And also, of you are using Google drive on android or iOS, make sure you update to the latest version so you can be updated on the most recent in-app notification.
Thanks for reading and sharing!!!