How To Check Your National Identification Number Online
|How To Check Your NIN Number|
If you have enrolled for the National Identification Number and you have been looking for ways to check your NIN number online, then search no more as this article will be a great feat in answering your question.
I have recently discovered that people do face a lot of difficulties in getting their 11 digit NIN number after which they have enrolled for the number with the concerned commission and apart from having some forms of difficulties in getting the number, there are so many other reasons why you should know how to check your NIN number online.
Let’s save stories for some other days and get down to the main reason why we are here.
What Is NIN Number?
National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique number that identifies you as a Nigerian, it can be issued to you upon your enrollment with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
The said National Identity Management Commission was established in 2010 by the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan administration with mandatory exercise of of issuing National Identification Number (NIN) to the Nigeria citizens.
Now that you that you have seen the brief overview of what the National Identification Number (NIN) means and its purpose, let’s dive into the detailed guide on how to check your NIN number online.
How To Check Your NIN Number Using USSD Code.
Follow the steps below to check your NIN in few clicks;
1. Insert the number you used during your NIN enrollment into your mobile phone of any kind.
2. Make sure you have a minimum of N20 on your sim card.
3. Now, dial *346# or *346*1# and wait for the dialog to complete and some options will be displayed to you.
4. Select the NIN retriever option from the displayed menu by entering 1.
5. Enter 2 to select NIN search and your National Identification Number (NIN) will be displayed to you.
6. Pick your pen and paper and write the 11 digit number in a safe place.
You Can Also Read:
Conclusion: If a question like how can I check my NIN number have been tripping through your mind and having gone through the instructions above, you should have understand in details, how to check your NIN online using your mobile phone.
Note that you must dial the code provided above using the same number you used during your enrollment process. Should you have any question after reading the guide above, drop your questions in the comment box below and get the appropriate response within a short period of time.